Reported in this section is the total honoraria received by each Commissioner. At the end of 2016, the Edmonton Police Commission updated their policy to require quarterly public reporting of Commissioner honoraria.
Commissioners are paid honoraria for:
- Attendance at monthly and special meetings
- Attendance at standing committee meetings on which they are members
- Attendance at ad hoc committee meetings on which they are members
- Attendance at quasi-judicial hearings of the Commission
- General meetings related to the business of the Commission (ie. meetings with the Executive Director, Chief and other staff; Mayor and Councillors; the Province; Canada; other police commissions; and other stakeholders)
- External board meetings where the Commission has representation as part of Commission duties (eg: Canadian Association of Police Governance, Alberta Association of Police Governance, REACH Edmonton, etc)
- Presentations given as part of Commission duties
- Travel to and from conferences and all out of town meetings
- Attendance at conferences
- Attendance at training and continuing education sessions pertinent to the role of a Commissioner.
City Councillors appointed to the Commission do not receive honoraria.
Click here to read the Honoraria and Reporting Policy.