Commission members are encouraged to attend functions throughout the community to maintain strong links with individuals and groups within the community. Commissioners may be reimbursed for the cost of attending these events if attendance at the event is for a necessary Commission purpose. The annual budget for reimbursement is outlined in Policy 5.7.
All Commission members are encouraged to attend the following functions:
- EPC Citizen Awards Ceremony
- Alberta Police and Peace Officers’ Memorial Event
- Edmonton Police Service Regimental Ball
- Edmonton Police Association Retirement and Awards Banquet
- Edmonton Chamber of Commerce Mayor’s State of the City Luncheon
- The Commission will establish an annual budget for Commissioner attendance at functions / events at the beginning of the year.
- Commissioners may submit expense claims for reimbursement to the Executive Director.
- The Chair will be responsible for determining whether attendance at the event was for a necessary Commission purpose.
- Reimbursed expenses under this section will be applied to the total yearly allowance for hosting and miscellaneous costs as laid out in Policy 5.7.
- Where a Commissioner is required by the Chair of the Commission to attend a function, event or conference, the cost associated with attending will not be counted against the individual Commissioner’s allowable spending as outlined in Policy 5.7.
- All Commissioners are encouraged to attend the Alberta Association of Police Governance (AAPG) and Canadian Association of Police Governance (CAPG) Conferences.
- A memo will be drafted at the beginning of each year with a list outlining anticipated events for the remainder of the year.
- In the event of a cancellation, Commissioners must make every effort to find a Commissioner to replace them at the event. See Policy 5.7.
- Barring extraordinary circumstances, as approved by the Chair, the Commission will not pay for “no show” or last-minute cancellations.
- Commissioner attendance at events will be reported quarterly as part of the Commission financial report.
December 15, 2016
October 27, 2016
September 17, 2015
April 19, 2012
November 30, 2007