The Edmonton Police Commission endorses and supports the recognition of citizens, sworn members, non-sworn members and volunteers of the Edmonton Police Service who have made a significant contribution to the work of the Edmonton Police Service. To this end the Commission has:
- created the annual Edmonton Police Commission Citizen Awards for civilians who have rendered outstanding service to either the Edmonton Police Service or the community in a police-related incident;
- established a Problem Solving Award that is given to the Recruit and Field Training Officer with the highest score in this section of each Recruit Training Program at the Chief’s annual awards ceremony; and,
- endorsed the Edmonton Police Service awards and recognition programs.
In respect to the Edmonton Police Commission Awards:
- Edmonton Police Service members will be responsible for identifying individuals who should be considered as candidates for the awards.
- The Commission may also identify individuals who should be considered as candidates for the awards.
- The Commission will appoint one or more delegates to the Edmonton Police Service Awards Board. This is a joint Edmonton Police Commission/Edmonton Police Service body that is responsible for approving award recipients.
September 17, 2015
April 19, 2012
November 30, 2007