The Edmonton Police Commission supports the goals of associations and other organizations that share common interests and that advocate in support of community safety, and innovative, responsive community policing. Where the Commission determines that membership in such an association is warranted, the Commission is authorized to hold a corporate membership in the organization. A decision to hold a corporate membership of this nature shall be made by a vote of the majority at a Commission meeting.
Examples of the organizations that may warrant support and membership include:
- Canadian Association of Police Governance (CAPG);
- Canadian Association of Civilian Oversight of Law Enforcement (CACOLE);
- National Association of Civilian Oversight of Law Enforcement (NACOLE);
- Alberta Association of Police Governance (AAPG); and,
- Other associations as deemed appropriate by the Commission.
At the second meeting of the year, the Commission shall review and approve Commission corporate memberships. Individual Commissioner memberships must be approved by the Commission as a whole.
October 27, 2016
September 17, 2015
April 19, 2012
November 30, 2007