The Edmonton Police Commission is responsible for all contracts that will be entered into by the City on behalf of the Commission as requested directly by the Commission or as requested indirectly on behalf of the Commission by the Edmonton Police Service.
The general principle to be followed is that any contracts awarded will be the result of a public tender; however, in unique and specialized situations sole source contracts may be awarded. All contracts entered into will conform to the City of Edmonton Bylaws and Operating Procedures.
- When contracting for goods or services of a value over $25,000, the Commission will obtain competitive bids, where practicable.
- Sole source contracts will follow the applicable trade agreements in accordance with the City Administration Bylaw 12005.
- Notwithstanding the Agreement on International Trade (AIT), and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement (NWPTA), the awarding of sole source contracts will be regarded as a unique exception to the policy principle that contracts awarded will be the result of a tender call.
- Where ongoing contracts exist, they will be reviewed regularly as specified in the terms of the contract. Upon completion of the term set forth in the agreement the goods or services will be re-tendered if a requirement exists.
- The City Manager will approve and enter into agreements and contracts relating to the provision of police services and programs in line with City of Edmonton Bylaws and operating procedures.
- All Commission contracts are subject to the applicable policies of the City of Edmonton.
- Edmonton Police Commission Policy Appendix F.
September 17, 2015
November 30, 2007