The signing and expenditure approval authorities for the Edmonton Police Commission are as follows:
- The Chair of the Edmonton Police Commission, or his/her designate, will have signing authority on all contracts entered into by the Edmonton Police Commission.
- The Executive Director or his/her designate has the authority to sign for Commission authorized accounts and expenditures up to $5,000.
- The Executive Director or his/her designate can approve payments of credit card purchases and reimbursement for Commissioners and staff expenditures of up to $5,000.
- The Executive Director or his/her designate may approve all expenses previously agreed to by the Commission, including expenses in excess of $5,000 such as those for ongoing legal accounts, rent or other contractual arrangements.
- All one-time payments in excess of $5,000 require signed approval by the Executive Director or his/her designate together with one of either the Chair of the Commission or the Chair of the Finance Committee.
- The Executive Director may delegate authority to his/her Executive Assistant to approve payments for office supplies and payments from petty cash.
September 17, 2015
April 19, 2012
November 30, 2007