In addition to his/her role as a member of the Edmonton Police Commission, the Chair is also responsible for ensuring that the Commission is operating in accordance with its policies and procedures, and for ensuring the ongoing integrity of the Commission’s processes.
In carrying out his/her duties, the Chair works with the Executive Director to set the agenda for Commission meetings and is empowered to chair Commission meetings. The Chair is the official spokesperson for the Commission.
The Chair is the liaison to Commission administration through the Executive Director. In the event that the Chair provides the Executive Director with a direction that the Executive Director is of the opinion requires a motion, the Executive Director shall bring the matter forward to the Commission for direction.
- Police Act, RSA 2000, c P-17.
- Police Service Regulation, Alta Reg 356/1990.
- Appendix A – The City of Edmonton Bylaw, No 14040, Edmonton Police Commission Bylaw (15 December 2015).
- Appendix B – Edmonton Police Commission Meeting Procedures.
- EPC Policy 5.3.3 – Communication.
October 27, 2016
September 17, 2015
April 19, 2012
November 30, 2007