The Governance Committee is responsible for all issues related to governance of the Commission including:
- recommending changes to the Commission’s Policies and Procedures Manual;
- recommending changes to the Commission’s meeting format;
- annually evaluating the Commission;
- coordinating the Commission’s operational planning; and,
- dealing with all matters referred to it by the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Governance Committee:
The Governance Committee shall monitor, give advice to, and make recommendations on behalf of the Commission with respect to all strategic and significant human resource matters and policies of the Edmonton Police Service. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Committee shall:
- monitor policies in the area of administration, succession planning, management and occupational health and safety for the Edmonton Police Service;
- review and recommend policies to the Edmonton Police Service;
- review strategic key performance indicators as they relate to human resource performance; and,
- coordinate the annual performance appraisal of the Chief of Police and make recommendations to the Commission.
- Edmonton Police Commission Policy 2.1.1 – Appointment of the Chief of Police.
- Edmonton Police Commission Policy 2.1.2 – Appointment of Deputy Chiefs of Police.
September 17, 2015
April 19, 2012
March 22, 2012
July 22, 2010
January 21, 2010
October 22, 2009
January 22, 2009
November 30, 2007